Sun, Feb 04|
Radiant Glow - Facial Massage Workshop with Lymphatic Drainage & Gua Sha
Discover ancient beauty rituals that are right at your fingertips - even if you only have 5 minutes a day for self care! Radiant Glow - Take care of your skin’s health with Lymphatic Drainage, Gua Sha Massage and other nourishing hands-on techniques.
Time & Location
Feb 04, 2024, 2:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Niagara Falls, 6150 Valley Way suite 101, Niagara Falls, ON L2E 1X9, Canada
About the event
With a regular facial massage routine, benefits may include:
A brighter complexion and a healthy radiant glow.
Renewed facial contour with improved tone and elasticity of skin.
Minimized appearance of fine lines in the skin.
Diminished appearance of blemishes, redness or uneven skin tone.
Reduced inflammation; puffiness and dark circles on the face.
Join Registered Acupuncturist Barbara Poczyniak for this 2 hour in-person workshop and learn about:
- Your lymphatic system and how it supports skin health and immunity.
- How Chinese Medicine sees skin health and beauty, and how it aligns with your overall health.
- Chinese Medicine Face Reading: the clues your face gives that identify what else may be happening in the body.
- The difference between manual lymphatic drainage, facial gua sha and facial cupping - and what to use when.
- A brief overview of the origins of gua sha in Chinese Medicine, and its place in Asian culture.
- A step by step manual lymphatic drainage and facial massage routine to help your skin look and feel its best.
Learn methods that will help:
Release muscle tension in the face, neck, scalp and may help relieve pain.
Purify skin and free up congestion in the skin tissues.
Encourage the fresh flow of blood, lymph and energy to the skin and head.
Calm the mind and help harmonize energy in the body.
RECEIVE: a personal tool kit to use during the guided face, neck and scalp self care massage sequence. The kit is yours to keep after the class and will include:
Sample size bottle of floral hydrosol and balm for gua sha.
A premium jade gua sha tool suitable for both face and body massage.
Mini silicone cup for specialized facial cupping techniques.
Workbook with step by step guidelines, face maps and room for your own notes.
Discount certificate for a facial rejuvenation treatment at AcuNiagara.
HOW TO PREPARE: you will be massaging your own neck, face and scalp, so please bring a hair band/tie (or whatever works to keep hair in place), and come with a clean face (moisturizer or sunscreen is ok).
Due to the high level of hands-on instruction, this workshop is limited to 8 participants.
This techniques in this workshop will not be suitable for:
- People who are currently affected by cancer anywhere in the body, or are undergoing cancer treatment.
- Have an active infection anywhere on the face or head.
- Have had Botox injections in the past 3 months.
- Have recently had laser resurfacing and are still in the healing stage.
If you have any questions about these or any other possible contraindications please contact Barbara before booking a spot in the workshop.